Monday, February 7, 2011

In which I've travelled 2000 miles and earned my degree

Firstly I want to thank Jeremiah back in Bemidji for taking the initiative to talk to the President of the university.  It seems that theatre might not be dead and contrary to popular belief, the guy is willing to find solutions.  Fingers crossed that it ends up doing well.

Then some news... I'm in California!  Flew in last Saturday and MAN I LOVE IT.  The weather is warm- 75 degrees.  I took a walk today to the local grocery store and I didn't need a sweater!  Wore one anyways because I don't like putting things in my pants pockets and my purse is small and unfashionable BUT I DIDN'T NEED THE HOODIE FOR WEATHER'S SAKE.  Just pocket's sake.

My dad runs this sweet pizza business out of his home, catering wood-fired pizza.  It's not called wood-fired just to sound cool, this guy has two brick ovens (one he made by hand) where he'll build a fire and slide some pizza in right next to it.  Takes about 20-30 seconds to cook and out comes the most delicious thing the world's tasted.  I'm not saying this just because he's my dad, but this guy is the best cook that I've ever met and I've been craving some of this pizza hardcore since I last saw him two summers ago.  In short: I really want him to either get a job catering for someone or have a pizza night here because it's delicious and I'm definitely going to miss his cooking.

Since there isn't much to do around here, I decided to have a responsible morning and called the school to keep tabs on my grad plans.  It still freaks me out that I haven't gotten the diploma yet, but the lady at the records office assured me that my plans were all processed and as far as she could tell from looking at my stuff, I was graduated and my diploma should be coming to me soon.  Rock on!  I'm going to freak when I get my diploma.  Maybe staple it to a shirt and run around town whooping in joy.  (I'm just really happy that I don't have to take another class again ever.)

I also hoofed it to the bank to see if I could use Wells Fargo in China, but apparently they're not international so I'll have to figure something out.  Oh well, least of my worries.  :P

So yeah, that's the update I have so far.

Things packed: Suitcase Status: Beat to hell.  Got it from the airport with a rip and stains on the front, a wheel bent in, my nail polish taken OUT of my makeup bag and smashed (good luck getting that out of my clothes) and missing my Zune charger, DS charger and some expensive lotion.  I'm not one to point fingers at the TSA.... but the TSA can go screw themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment