Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In which I eat chicken nuggets and lament the chaos at my school.

Six followers?  Hot diggity, I must be the most popular person in the 'verse!  It's kind of exciting to think that there are at least six people in the world who are going to read this, no matter what I put in it.  It's just like having friends!

Soooo update on life... BSU cut Theatre and Art History, and Visual Arts are soon on their way out from the way people talk.  So yesterday we staged a protest in front of the administration building, complete with signs, chants and honking horns.  We're so special!  It was a great start, but now we need to get everybody who protested and supported us to write letters to the legislature, maybe even carpool down to the capital to let those government people know that the students demand education!


So a HUGE thanks to everybody who participate!  I feel really bad that I won't be able to help out any more, but I'm confident that they'll ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH just fine.

Another thing BSU has done to seriously screw up?  They forgot about my grad plans.  I went over a couple days ago to see if I was graduated, since I never heard anything back from them after handing in those plans, and turns out that they've been sitting on some dude's desk for the past couple months, paperwork piled up and he just hasn't gotten to them.

So I went to talk to him and impress him with the gravity of the situation (Big words, look at me!) and he told me they would get done this week.  Then asked my name, probably so he could do them first and make it look like he was working hard or I don't know.  But he was nice about it, so I had a hard time being frustrated to his face and it wasn't until I got home that I realized that I should tell him that I HAVE A JOB THAT REQUIRES ME TO HAVE THAT DIPLOMA RIGHT NOOOOW.

I'm just worried that they're going to process my plans and tell me, "Oh hey, you need 100 more credits in liberal arts" or "Sorry, but that thing you did doesn't count as a senior project SORRY TRY AGAIN AND DON'T PASS GO".  It's just me being paranoid but until I'm holding that impersonal piece of paper with my name and BSU's phone number on it, I'm going to worry that I'm not graduated at all and everything is a lie.

Things packed: absolutely everything.  Well, almost.  I have all my clothes (except the ones that need washing) and all my shoes (which is only 25% of the shoes I had two weeks ago.... this is a hard process that requires heartbreaking sacrifice) and I've told myself that anything not in the suitcase or storage box by the end of tomorrow is getting thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment