Monday, January 17, 2011

First Post!

Haven't been on blogspot in a long time and I guess exciting things are happening, so I thought I'd give this another go!

About me... well, I'm a recent college grad (BFA in Theatre-Performance emphasis.  Pretty much means that I'm really good at faking a smile as I'm waiting tables), self proclaimed artist (though I don't do much), avid reader, obsessed gamer, damn good DM and a Gemini (or I WAS anyways. I have no loyalty to you, Taurus.)  I've been out of work for a couple months because despite what the newspapers say, the job market is absolutely shit.  However I have gotten a job which'll start in March as an English teacher.  In China.

That brings me to the reason that I'm here.  I've never been out of the country on my own.  Only time I've really been overseas was in Rome and Athens with my parents and an entire school to keep me from getting into trouble.  So this is a little nerve wracking, especially since I didn't know the when the job started until this morning.  A month and a half before I'm due at Liaoning University in Shenyang, China.  Even though I complain about the short notice, I'm incredible excited to go and have one of those life experience thingies.

Hopefully blogspot isn't blocked by the Great Firewall.  There are a lot of choice sites that I'll be missing, but I'm sure it'll do me some good to go a year without Facebook.  Might actually get around to finishing 'House of Leaves' (Yeah right) or 'Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (which is even less likely).

Nothing too exciting to say yet.  Oh, except I'm getting a haircut tomorrow so this will be the last day in a long time where I'll have long hair.  Whoopee!

Items Packed: The travel diary I got on the trip to Rome, a slipper which I think I accidentally kicked into the suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment